Who we are
Last Modified: December 17, 2021
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
PART I: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
To establish an account with us or use our Platform or services, we may collect the following personal information:
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Banking and/or credit card information;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide us;
- Information about your field or intended field of work or profession;
- IP address;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Platform;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Platform, for example, your browser information and session duration;
- Profile photos (where you elect to upload them); and
- All other information you provide on our Platform or otherwise
- PayPal Canada Co. and its subsidiaries or affiliates, with their privacy statement available at https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_CA#PayPal.
Although we may display their forms on our Platform, when you provide your payment details on the Platform, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor. You acknowledge that our third-party payment processors may have their own agreements which apply to you. While we will not have access to your entire credit card number, we will be able to bill your credit card and may have access to certain card and payment details such as the name on your card, billing address and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
PART II: THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information to third-parties. However, we may use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Platform, including sharing or providing access to personal information to third-party providers, see below for details;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Verify your contact information;
- Provide user support or to support and improve our Platform;
- Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer in connection with your use of our Platform; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
PART III: THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Providers”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Platform. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our Platform and facilitate the Platform’s ordinary use, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information.
- Our online course software provider is Thinkific Inc. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://www.thinkific.com/privacy-policy/;
- Parts of our website and underlying data are hosted by GreenGeeks LLC. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://www.greengeeks.com/legal/privacy.
- Our email and data hosting providers include Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://policies.google.com;
- Our online booking and calendar software for sessions is provided by Calendly LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://calendly.com/privacy?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=422058588;
- Our online video conferencing software is provided by Zoom Video Communications, Inc. together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/. We will not record video sessions without your consent.
- We may also use Skype for consulting sessions. For their respective privacy policies please see https://www.skype.com/en/legal/; and
- Our email marketing provider is Cyberimpact Inc. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://app.cyberimpact.com/privacy-policy?l=en_ca.
We also use the following Third-Party Providers for data analytics in connection with your use of our Platform, including:
- Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide, in order to use Google Analytics. For details, visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/; and
- Facebook Pixel, offered by Facebook, Inc. and their affiliated and related entities, which provides us with analytics and insights in to your use of our website. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook Pixel helps us target advertising to you via Facebook, Inc.’s platforms (Facebook and Instagram) based on the various pages you visit on our website. For more information about Facebook Pixel, see https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel; and
We may update the above list of Third-Party Providers from time-to-time as our Website and Service continue to evolve. Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information with in locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business, Website or Service is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business, the Website or Service are acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR OWNERS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY AND GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information we hold about you following the termination of your account or our Services.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our Website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your internet protocol (“IP”) address.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.